As the evenings start to grow a little longer and the air is slowly warming up, mother nature is kindly reminding us that summer is on her way! So, to help kick start your best summer body we spoke with Sydney trainer Danielle Bazergy and she shared with us her go to 5 exercises that you can do anytime anywhere!
Perform each exercise for 1 minute with a 30 second rest between each, for 5 rounds!
Burpees are great to get virtually every muscle in your body going! They’re great for your cardio, core, chest, legs and get your heart rate going. To ensure your posture is correct:
1. Feet should be flat, shoulder-width apart, arms at your side and weight in heels.
2. Bend your knees and place your hands on the floor under your shoulders and stretch your legs back in a plank position then lower your body flat on the floor
3. Make sure you hold your core in to keep a good posture (no bent back)
4. Body weight in your arms and shoulders jump your legs back hip width apart feet flat on floor just under where your hands are and jump up with arms over your head
(repeat fast but keeping your posture in check)
2. Push ups
Push-ups are known for strengthening your triceps, shoulders and pecs but by keeping your core engaged and squeezing your glutes tight it’s a great all over workout. To ensure your posture is correct:
1. Place hands directly under your shoulders with hands and toes firmly grounded for balance. Engage your core, your glutes and make sure your back is flat.
2. Keep squeezing your core, back and glutes to maintain a good posture and your neck neutral lower your body down till your chest just brushes the floor keeping your elbows tucked and your shoulder blades down.
3. Keep core engaged, exhale and push your body back up to original position (repeat)
4. In & out jump squats
This is the exercise to do to tone up your booty and your thighs. To ensure your posture is correct:
1. Feet together place your hands on the front of your thighs.
2. Jump up in the air and separate your feet
3. Land with feet wider than wider than shoulder width and lower into a squat
4. Jump back out of the squat and land with feet back together standing up straight (repeat)
4. Mountain climbers
Mountain climbers help strengthen your abs and lower body while simultaneously giving you a great cardio workout. To ensure your posture is correct:
1. Get in a plank position, arms out shoulder width apart, core engaged and back straight
2. Lift knee up under your chest without touching the ground then return leg and on legs return replace with the other leg. (repeat)
5. Bicycle crunches
Bicycle crunches are key to getting those abs you want! To ensure your posture is correct:
1. Lie flat on your back on the floor. Engage your core
2. Bend elbows and place under your head
3. Keep left leg flat on the floor, crunch your stomach and lift your right leg while simultaneously crunching your left elbow to meet.
4. Lower arm and leg back and repeat on the opposite side.
So, grab a training buddy! This could be your mum, neighbor, barista, that person that you always make awkward eye contact with at the gym and get moving.
Pictures by Scottie Hendo for Bondi Active
feature image via pinterest
Visit our online Education Hub RESCU Me Academy for our courses, free ebooks and resources.