We all have those days where we just want to sleep-in and not use an extra 30 minutes washing, blow-drying, straightening or curling our hair in the morning. Creative Director of evo Hair and Cloud Nine, Lauren McCowan has shared the ultimate time saver to the wavy hair of our dreams. Not only does it take less than five minutes in the morning, but also does not require any use of hot tools or blow-drying!
image via pinterest
1. Shampoo and conditioner your hair – this will leave the hair weightless and promote natural volume
2. Towel dry the hair 75%
3. Apply a split ends cream, mid lengths to ends and through the fringe area. This will seal split ends, provide a polished finished effect to the ends and give the hair the added benefit of UV filter. (Perfect for us Aussies!)
4. Liberally apply a heat protection spray to the hair from roots to ends- this provides texture and hold factor
5. Depending on the desired wave pattern, tight or loose, braid your hair into 1-three strand french braid or 2-three strand french braids, and tie at the ends with a thin clear elastic.
6. Allow your hair to set overnight.
7. Remove elastics and gently finger brush through your braids in the morning after they have fully dried and voila! Effortless, heatless, stress-free beach waves.