The countdown to Christmas has commenced, so it’s time for hosts to think about what they will be sharing with family and friends.
image via pinterest
To minimise time spent in the kitchen and maximise time spent with family and friends, there are plenty of shortcuts for Christmas dishes, and matching drinks, Woolworths and BWS share ideas that are sure to impressFrom delectable starters to hearty mains and mouth-watering desserts, we have your Christmas feast covered with these stress-free dish and drink ideas:
Starters that don’t require cooking
– Cooked 100% Aussie Tiger Prawns paired with Pinot Grigio – a crisp Italian classic. Try the Pizzini Pinot Grigio.
– Freshly shucked oysters paired with champagne or Australian sparkling – a classic. Try the Lanson Black Label or Veuve Cliquot
– Cold meats platter of Salami Hot/Mild and San Marino Australia prosciutto paired with Rosé – a bit bigger than white, but nowhere near red – perfect with salami. Try the Crafters Union Rosé.
Mains with minimal effort
– Turducken is pre-stuffed with fig and pistachio then rolled in bacon lattice so it’s full of flavour! All you need to do is bake it in the oven covered in for one hour at 170 degrees, then take off the foil and cook for a further half hour, then serve with roast potatoes!
– Half Leg Ham – Bone In naturally wood smoked for a richer flavour paired with Riesling – a touch of fruitiness to compliment smoky richness with some of our iconic Australian versions. Try the Tim Adams Riesling.
– Pork Rack with Christmas Pudding Style Stuffing with traditional flavours like vine fruits, candied orange peel and spices paired with Pinot Gris – slightly spicy and just enough body. Try the Monkey Bay Pinot Gris.
– With traditional flavours like vine fruits, candied orange peel and spices, this pork rack features all the flavours of Christmas, and it’s ready to go so you just need to cook it in the oven.
Delicious desserts that you don’t need to make from scratch
– Gold Plum & Port Pudding, paired with a muscat. Try the Seppeltsfield DP63 Grand Muscat.
– Covered in a Shimmery Golden Lustre and made with juicy sultanas, currants, and cider and a hidden plum and port sauce centre, the plum and port centred Christmas pudding will get you into the spirit – just pretend you made it yourself!
– Fruit Mince pies paired with moscato. Try the Brown Brothers Moscato.
– No Christmas spread is complete without traditional mince pies Eat them warm or cold, with ice-cream or enjoy it with some fresh berries.
– Maggie Beer’s first ever Favourites Pack – featuring all South Australian products including a triple cream brie, mature cheddar, pheasant farm pate and quince paste. Garnish with Victorian grown cherries and enjoy with fortified wine such as muscat – rich and smouldering or Espresso Martini for an indulgent end to a meal.
– Seasonal Fruit platter of peaches, nectarines, passionfruit, mango paired with Moscato – Subtly sweet and light fizz.
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.