Christmas has to be my favourite time of the year. Growing up I couldn’t quite get my head around certain things that had been firmly planted in my head through watching television: A) there was no snow, B) I didn’t live in New York, C) there was no Bergdorf Goodman at Maroubra Mall.
Slowly I came to grips with the fact that, in Australia at Christmas time, I would never wear a cable knit sweater on Christmas Eve as the snow fell, the xmas lights twinkled and the fire warmed the living room… because (sorry to state the obvious), but it was searing summer!!!
Image via pinterest
Some years later (after I stopped grieving for the loss of my MGM Hollywood Christmas) I figured that Christmas in Australia could be fabulous… just in a different way.
It’s summer, and with that comes gorgeous weather, great food, fabulous suntans and sexy, strappy summer dresses. So in a way this is even better when it comes to celebrating… and whilst I love a great backyard barbecue with family and friends, I also love a great Christmas party. It can be a rambunctious office Christmas party, right up to a chic, black tie Christmas dinner at a fabulous hotel with glittering city views. The thing that all these events have in common is that you need to turn up the glam volume to high.
Alex Perry’s 10 Days of Christmas Style Tips:
1. On the first day of Christmas, I bought myself a kick ass pair of dangerously high heels!!! But I want to be comfortable, I hear you say? Back of the class for you honey…nothing, but nothing makes your legs look sexier than a tan and a pair of fabulous heels…they can even sort out a dubious dress, or an ordinary pair of jeans.
2. On the second day of Christmas, I promised not to wear my fabulous new heels with a pair of shorts unless my butt and legs look like Miranda Kerr’s… and even then I promise I’ll think veeeeery carefully about it!!
3. On the third day of Christmas, I scrubbed off the remnants of my blotchy orange fake tan and got a professional to do it for me.
4. On the fourth day of Christmas, I asked celebrity hairdresser Joh Bailey to get rid of my re-growth, refresh my foils, trim my split ends and give me a glossy bouncy Christmas blow-dry.
5. On the fifth day of Christmas, I bought a gorgeous pale pink, ruffled, organza blouse… perfect over skinny leg jeans with a sparkling high heel to make me the prettiest princess at the office Christmas party.
6. On the sixth day of Christmas, I treated myself to a mani and pedi to make sure my nails gleamed. With a rainbow of colours to choose from, including lilac, midnight blue and raspberry, I finally decided on the perfect holiday colour: tangerine!
7. On the seventh day of Christmas, I bought the perfect jewelled clutch… sparkling like a Christmas bauble to illuminate any outfit for the holidays.
8. On the eighth day of Christmas, I slipped into a fabulous one-shouldered cocktail dress… Colour? Red of course!
9. On the ninth day of Christmas, I poured myself into a jaw-dropping full length gold sequined evening gown, for a black tie Christmas Eve dinner, to celebrate in sparkling style.
10. On the tenth day of Christmas, I called (not sms’d) my family and friends and wished them love, joy, health and happiness.
Have a very Perry Christmas.