In need of a new dessert to impress your friends and family, then this baked nectarine and apricot yoghurt cake by Panaceas Pantry for Australian Summer Stonefruit is going to the answer to any gathering. Everyone will want to know your secret.
Preparation time: 5mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
190g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 cup vegan yoghurt (the very thick kind)
2 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup coconut sugar
2/3 cup grape seed oil
2 nectarines, stone removed and diced
2 nectarines,stone removed and sliced into wedges
¼ cup apricot jam
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Grease an 8-inch pan, and line with baking paper.
2. In a large mixingbowl, add yoghurt, vanilla, sugar and oil. Mix well.
3. Sift in flour, baking powder and salt, and add zest. Mix together until combined, then add diced nectarines and gently fold through.
4. Pour into prepared pan. Use a spoon to smooth out, then top with sliced nectarine and a handful of blackberries (optional). Bake 1 hr-1 hr 10mins, or until cooked.
5. Remove from oven. Brush the cake with apricot jam. Allow to cool 5 mins before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.