Treat yourself to this deliciously sweet banana and white chocolate pudding. There’s nothing more satisfying than a warm sweet dessert in this cool weather.
Banana And White Chocolate Pudding With Salted Caramel Sauce
200ml (6 3/4 oz) pure cream
1 vanilla bean, split lengthways, seeds scraped and reserved
1 free range egg
2 free range egg yolks
60g (2 oz) firmly packed brown sugar
60g (2 oz) white chocolate, chopped
1 banana, pureed
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 250 degree celsius
2. Heat cream, vanilla seeds and bean in a small saucepan on medium heat until almost boiling point. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat egg, egg yolks and brown sugar, until thick and pale. Strain hot cream over egg mixture and whisk to combine. Discard vanilla bean. Return to pan on law heat. Stir in chocolate for 1 – 2 minutes until melted. Stir in banana and a pinch of salt.
4. Pour mixture into six 90ml (3 fl oz) ramekins. Place in a baking dish. Pour hot water to come halfway up the sides of ramekins water bath. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes until set. Remove ramekins from water bath.
5. To make caramel sauce, stir superfine sugar and 4 tablespoons of water in a small saucepan on low heat, until sugar dissolves. Increase heart to high, bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes, until lightly golden. Remove from heat and cool for 2 -3 minutes. Stir in cream and return to medium-high heat. Bring to boil and cook for a further 3 – 5 minutes, until reduced, add salt and thicken slightly. Cool
6. Drizzle a little caramel sauce over each budino. Serve with remaining sauce on the side.
Budino is Italian for custard or pudding. Traditionally it is made with chocolate and loved by all Italian kids.
Recipe via Luca’s Seasonal Journey by Luca Ciano