Beauty and Lifestyle Expert
In an industry where transparency and luminosity of complexion is coveted, why is a product category known as ‘Blur’ currently King? Emma Bangay gets a clearer picture on the big boom in Blur products.
No longer content with moisturisers that mask imperfections as well as delivering simultaneous doses of skincare (think BB, CC and even DD creams), the cosmetic industry has delivered a new product to pull focus away from fine lines and flaws: Blur Creams.
Confused? Well here are seven clear and present truths behind Blur Creams.
- Blur Creams utilise a combination o blurring agents and light reflecting and skin smoothing polymers to optically smooth and even out the skin surface. They are the antithesis of ‘pancake powders’, proving lightweight and soft to the touch, making application and wear comfortable.
- Blur Creams differ depending on the brand, so try several options. “You really need to play around and experiment with different blurring products as well as the combination and order of product placement within your own routine to find what works for you,” says Dia Foley, VP Sales and Marketing for Indeed Labs.
- Blur Cream acts as a full stop for your skincare sequence even when you are not wearing makeup. Apply after serum, eye cream, moisturiser, and sunscreen and you’re good to go (and glow).
- Blur Cream is the new Primer. They can be used in place of primers to help create a crease-free canvas when you do wear makeup. Just ensure that you pat them on ever so gently over makeup – rather than spreading on with fingertips or a foundation brush – so as not to undo all your great work!
- Blur Cream can be blended using a foundation brush or warmed fingertips. If your skin is dry, then simply blend your Blur product into your moisturiser and apply.
- Blur Creams are non-ageist so any age-brackets – from teens (who love Blur creams for their mattifying and oil-reducing effect) to women in their 20s and beyond – who use Blurs to smooth lines and refine skin tone – can add them to their cosmetic kit.
- Blur Creams extend beyond the face, so blend downwards over the neck and décolletage for superior smoothness.
Nanoblur, $29.99, from Priceline, Terry White Chemists and independent Pharmacies, is a water-based formula that can be applied on top of liquid makeup or underneath powder makeup.
Garnier Perfect Blur Smoothing Base Perfector, $16.95, contains a high concentration of light reflectors to reflect light and create instantly diminished wrinkles, pores and shine. From pharmacies, department stores and supermarkets.
L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Magic Blur, $24.95, from pharmacies, departments stores and variety stores contains silicon elastomers, silica and skin smoothing polymers fused into a transforming texture to fill in furrows and fine lines.
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.