Shhh are you in on the secret? The lastminute lovelies give us the lowdown on their fave hotel hotties – Secret Hotels – and provide their top tips for nabbing a bargain.
By Kirsty Harrison www.lastminute.com.au
We’re celebrating the birthday this month of our fabulous Secrets Hotels® Yep, our little girl is growing up. Six years ago we introduced the concept into the Aussie market and it’s fair to say they’re a super popular member of the family with a Secret Hotel room sold every four minutes.
The Basics: What is a Secret Hotel?
With savings of up to 70% off the regular price, Secret Hotels are perfect for savvy travellers looking for luxury for less.
Customers book a hotel without knowing its name or exact address but you don’t go in blind… We give away some clues – general location, star rating and hotel facilities – and you receive the name of the hotel on your confirmation once you’ve booked. Voila! It’s that easy.
While some people go to extreme lengths to guess which hotel it is before booking, we can assure you – they’re all good! After all it wouldn’t be in our interests for you to be disappointed in your hotel as you wouldn’t book one again.
What’s in it for the hotels? What’s in it for you?
Secret Hotels are a great way for our hotel partners – including the big hotel chains – to sell rooms that may otherwise remain empty, at an affordable rate, and our customers score amazing deals for a fraction of the cost, so it really is a win-win situation for everyone.
Top tips for nabbing a Secret Hotel bargain
- Sign up to the lastminute.com.au newsletter - We share our top Secret picks every week.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay in the loop – Our hotels team often give us a heads up when new deals are loaded and we share these deals with you. And from time to time we even narrow down the choices just for our Facebook fans.
- Go for it – As soon as you see a deal you want, book it before someone else does.
Three things you didn’t know about Secret Hotels
- Stay tonight or plan ahead – Whether you’re after a romantic rendezvous for tonight or planning ahead for a special occasion, Secret Hotels have you covered. You can book up to six months ahead so they don’t need to be reserved for those impulsive nights away.
- Location, location, location – Secret Hotels aren’t only in Australian capital cities – they can be found in popular regional hot spots including Port Douglas and the Hunter Valley. And even overseas in popular locations like Bali and Paris
- Deals galore – It’s not just rooms up for grabs. Keep your eye out for Secret Hotels deals that include breakfasts, dinners or pampering treatments.
So next time you’re in the market for a hotel room, make it a Secret Hotel and add a surprise element to your holiday.