We all like to indulge in something chocolate and sweet every now and then. With Maddie Lumley‘s Calypso mango vegan chocolate bars, you can still enjoy a tasty afternoon snack guilt free!
1.5 cups of desiccated coconut
1/3 cup of rice malt syrup
1.5 Calypso® Mangoes
225g vegan chocolate (any good quality dairy-free chocolate will work)
1. In a bowl, mix the coconut and rice malt syrup until well combined and super sticky (feel free to use your hands).
2. Slice the Calypso® Mangoes, scoop out all the flesh and pop the flesh in a blender. Blend until pureed.
3. In a lined pan, pour in the coconut mixture in and push down with your fingers until you have a smooth and even layer. Pour the mango mixture over the top, and pop it into the freezer.
4. Freeze until almost frozen, take out and cut into bars. Place back into the freezer and leave until completely frozen (you need the mango mixture to be nice and hard).
5. Once it’s ready, boil some water in a small saucepan. Place a small bowl over the saucepan (but not touching the water), break the chocolate into pieces and add to the bowl, and stir constantly until completely melted.
6. Using either a fork, chopsticks, or your fingers, dip and coat each mango coconut bar into the melted chocolate. Place on a baking tray and pop it into the fridge until the chocolate has set. Enjoy!
Credit: Madeline Lumley for Calypso® Mango
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.