Pizza without the guilt? Yes please! We’ve been munching on this delicious vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and wheat free pizza for lunch and dinner, and we just can’t get enough. Whether you customise with your own toppings or embrace the mouthwatering combination of zucchini and goats cheese, this recipe from the incredible new AboutLife Natural Marketplace at Double Bay is one you’ll be keeping on hand.
Cauliflower pizza square
750g of cauliflower, blended
¼ bunch of fresh thyme, chopped
125g of almond meal
2 eggs (If you are a vegan you can substitute each egg for 1 table spoon of chia seeds – this will hold up the mixture and give it the same texture.)
1 small zucchini diced
4 kale leaves, chopped
10g goat cheese (if vegan use your favourite substitute for cheese such a tofu)
1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp of olive oil
salt and pepper
2-3 semi sundried tomatoes
½ garlic clove, finelly chopped
1 small fresh chilli, chopped
1 tsp of olive oil
Pinch of dried oregano
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Blend together cauliflower, thyme, almond meal and eggs together and lay down the base on a tray.
2. Bake it at 180C for 20 min or until the base is cooked.
3. Blend ingredients for tomato pesto and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, marinate zucchini and kale with 1 tbsp of apple cider and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
5. Once the base has cooled down, divide into 4 equal pieces and spread tomato pesto over it.
6. Garnish with marinated zucchini and kale and sprinkle with goat cheese and a pinch of dried oregano.
7. Season to taste