If you’re anything like us, we love to celebrate ANZAC Day with some ANZAC biscuits. And how else would you make such a delicious treat even more delectable? By adding a coat of chocolate over it. Founder of Body of Dance, Rachael Finch shares her guilt-free chocolate ANZAC slice recipe.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
1 cup rolled oats
¼ cup shredded coconut
½ cup coconut oil
¼ rice malt syrup
½ tsp bicarb soda
80g dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 180° and line a square (20cm x 20cm) baking tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Add flour, oats and coconut in a large mixing bowl and combine.
3. Melt oil and syrup together in a small saucepan over low heat. Continuously stirring to combine. Remove from heat and stir through bicarb.
4. Add syrup mixture to dry ingredients and gently mix together. Pour into prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through.
5. Melt chocolate in microwave bowl for 15-20 seconds and drizzle over slice.