If you’re looking for something different this year for your Christmas trifle, then Kirsten Tibballs chocolate passionfruit twist will be everything. It’s super easy and will only take you 15 minutes of your time to create the dessert of your dreams.
Quantity: 1 trifle (trifle bowl holds 1.5 L of water)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
250 ml Bulla Pure Cream
250 g Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon Unsalted butter
800 ml Bulla Dollop Cream (A)
150 g Icing Sugar
1 Lemon, zested
4 Large Fresh Passionfruit
½ packet Gingernut Biscuits
200 ml Bulla Dollop Cream (B)
Small block Callebaut Milk Chocolate
Icing Sugar, for dusting
1. Place the vanilla, salt, pure cream and brown sugar in a saucepan and boil for 3 minutes.
2. Add in the butter and whisk together to create a butterscotch sauce. Set aside to cool.
3. Combine the dollop cream (A) with the icing sugar and lemon zest in a bowl.
4. Place one third of the cream/lemon mixture into the trifle bowl.
5. Remove the seeds from the passionfruit and place a layer of the seeds on top of the cream.
6. Add a layer of gingernut biscuits followed by a layer of butterscotch sauce. Repeat the process three times until the bowl is full. Reserve some passionfruit seeds for garnishing.
7. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to set.
8. To finish, spoon the dollop cream (B) on top of the trifle.
9. Create chocolate shavings using a vegetable peeler.
10. Decorate the trifle with chocolate shavings and sprinkle the reserved passionfruit seeds on top.
11.Finally, dust some icing sugar over the trifle.
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.