If you’re hosting a dinner party and want to impress your guests we have the ultimate dish that will deliver the taste and presentations. Eastside kitchen and bar has shared their scallop sushi and everyone will be wanting your secret.
12 g sake
25 g light soy sauce
5 g honey
80 g water
1 pc gelatin leaf
Bloom gelatin in cold water, then melt in a small pot over medium heat. Combine with the remaining liquid. Cool and pour into a flat tray, about 1-2mm thick. Refrigerate and cut into small rectangles that will just fit onto the scallop sushi.
50 ml yuzu juice
3 g soy lecithin
1. Blend with hand blender to create bubbles.
2. Sprout 3-coloured quinoa. Boil sushi rice, then mix with sushi vinegar. Blend sushi rice (optional) and mix with the sprouted quinoa at a ratio of about 1:10 (sushi rice:quinoa) so that the rice just holds together the quinoa.
3. Cut the scallop into a desired shape.
4. Wash your hands, then wet with a little rice vinegar. Place the scallop in your hand, then spread a little yuzu and jalapeno mix onto it. Add the quinoa and shape all into a small elongated sushi shape.
5. Place gelee on top and garnish with a little yuzu foam.