By Kirsty Harrison www.lastminute.com.au
Ever experienced that feeling of regret when a long weekend rolls around and you’re staying put at home? If you answered yes, you’re not alone. According to a survey we conducted last year, nearly three in four Aussies hate it when they don’t make the most of a valuable long weekend by taking a short break.
The main reasons for not planning a getaway to coincide with a highly anticipated long weekend include forgetting to plan ahead (oops) and deciding to stay home and do household jobs which rarely come to fruition (we could have told you that one!)
We know, we know, it feels like Christmas was just last week but Easter (and a four day weekend – woohoo!) isn’t far away though so it’s time to get your skates on if you haven’t booked your getaway yet.
How to nab an Easter getaway (it’s not too late!)
There is a perception that accommodation around public holidays is unattainable but the trick is to do your research and get in NOW to find the best bargains.
Here are www.lastminute.com.au’s top tips:
1. Be flexible – Your favourite hotel might already be booked out but why not try a different one in the same area or try a new location all together?
2. Don’t be afraid to be a little daring! – If you know the location you want to stay but aren’t too fussed about the actual hotel, a Secret Hotels® deal could be your new best friend. Offerings savings of up to 70% per night, these deals are super low and offer accommodation to suit champagne taste on a beer budget.
3. Think outside the square – Why not go away with your best mates or another couple? Bargains can often be found with two or three bedroom apartments or penthouses.
4. Manage your expectations – Most hotels will require you to book a minimum two night stay during the Easter peak period. If a single night away is more your thing, perhaps hold off until a regular weekend or bite the bullet and have a proper holiday – go on you deserve it.
5. Bonus bonanza – Everyone loves a good freebie or two. Keep an eye out for bonus breakfasts, drink vouchers and parking. Every dollar counts when it comes to those holiday budgets!
Here are some of our favourite deals for the Easter Break (all with freebies thanks to our Easter Bonus Sale!)
Book this Melbourne CBD Secret Hotels deal, priced from $150 per night, twin share and receive a bottle of wine on arrival and a midday late check-out. For stays from April 1 to 30.
Stay at the Rydges Oasis Resort Sunshine Coast between April 1 and 12 and receive buffet breakfast for two daily, a welcome drink for two and midday late check-out. From $149 per night, twin share.
Receive buffet brekkie for two and a $50 casino voucher when you stay at Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast between April 1 and 11. Priced from $159 per night, twin share (minimum two night stay).
Receive full buffet brekkie for two and a box of chocolates when you stay at the Perth Ambassador Hotel between April 1 and 10. Priced from $120 per night, twin share.
Stay at the Clarion Hotel City Park Grand between April 2 and April 15 and receive continental brekkie for two and a basket of Easter eggs. Priced from $210 per night, twin share.
All deals are subject to availability. Get in quick, these babies will be snapped up quicker than hot cross buns!
To research more Easter holiday options head to www.lastminute.com.au
To read more from the lastminute lovelies, check out their blog www.liveeverylastminute.com.au