Don’t hate us because we are beautiful, young and stinking rich. RESCU uncovers the top Hollywood earners.
It wasn’t a coincidence that this year’s Oscars included a gaggle of new young actors as presenters and front row guests. Poor Meryl Streep. You may have had 16 Oscar nominations and years of experience under your belt, but the real money is being made by the young ones, or the boys.
In Vanity Fair’s recent poll of top Hollywood earners, it’s clear to see that Hollywood also has a shocking glass ceiling. We’re hoping that Kathryn Bigelow’s win as Best Director for The Hurt Locker evens up the score in 2010 and beyond.
Hollywood’s top female earners in 2009:
1. Emma Watson, actress $30 million
2. Cameron Diaz, actress $27 million
3. Sarah Jessica Parker, actress $24 million
4. Katherine Heigl, actress $24 million
5. Reese Witherspoon, actress $21 million
6. Angelina Jolie, actress $21 million
7. Jennifer Aniston, actress $20 million
8. Sandra Bullock, actress $20 million
9. Kristen Stewart , actress $16 million
Hollywood’s top male earners in 2009:
1. Michael Bay, producer-director $125 million
2. Steven Spielberg, producer-director $85 million
3. Roland Emmerich, producer-director $70 million
4. James Cameron, producer-director $50 million
5. Todd Phillips, director $44 million
6. Daniel Radcliffe, actor $41 million
7. Ben Stiller, actor $40 million
8. Tom Hanks, actor $36 million
9. J. J. Abrams, producer-director $36 million
10. Jerry Bruckheimer, producer $35.5 million
Click here for more Oscars coverage.
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.