As of midday Monday, gyms and boutique fitness classes across Australia will be closed to avoid the spread of coronavirus. We know these precautions are necessary — we’ve seen them work in other countries — and we’re committed to limiting our time out of the house to ensure we’re practicing social distancing and doing everything we can to protect our community.
That said, if you’re a regular at the gym or studio, you’re probably going to be looking for some alternative ways to fit fitness in — after all, a workout a day can help keep the stress at bay and keep your body strong in the process. So, we’ve compiled a list of free, at-home and outdoor workouts for every kind of active person — from the yogi to the runner.
- CorePower On-Demand – offering free access to their On-Demand Classes while studios are closed across the US
- DownDog apps – free the rest of this month – including Down Dog, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre, and 7 Minute Workout
- YogaWorks – free online yoga
- Yoga with Adriene – free classes on YouTube
HIIT + Strength
- Chris Hemsworth’s workout app Centr is free to new users for 6 weeks. Sign up instructions are here!
- The Robards Method 12 Minute ABS Challenge beginner program is currently FREE, just enter the promotional code FREEABS
- 7-minutes workout app – a great, free HIIT workout app with options to upgrade to pro
- Fhitting Room On-Demand – this NYC favourite is offer 30-day free trials for their on-demand offering
- Fitnessblender.com – free workouts of all types for every fitness level, and you can sort by duration/intensity/focus area etc. Always free!
- Solidcore – a playlist of 15-minute Pilates classes on YouTube
- Melissa Wood Health – 2-week free trial, great pilates flow classes, plenty of different lengths and variations
- Pilates Anytime – 1-week free trial, with unlimited access to over 3,400+ Pilates workouts
- Couch to 5K App – for those that want to improve on running
- Peloton app – app is currently free for new users for 90 days (they also have strength, bootcamps, meditation, yoga, and outdoor walking/running classes – no bike needed!)
We’ll keep updating this list — if you see something great, share it with us on Instagram!
Visit our online Education Hub RESCU Me Academy for our courses, free ebooks and resources.