Makes: 8 muffins
– 2 cups almond meal (store-bought or homemade)
– 1/4 cacao powder
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 2 free-range eggs
– 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
– 1/4 cup maple syrup
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– 2 bananas, mashed
– 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate/cacao nibs
– Extra banana slices and cacao nibs, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add almond meal, cacao powder, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, add eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and mashed banana and whisk until light and bubbly (4-5 mins).
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and fold until just combined.
5. Fold in chocolate/cacao nibs.
6. Line a muffin tray with muffin-liners and fill each one with 1-2 tbsp of mixture. Top each muffin with an extra slice of banana and cacao nibs.
7. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool and enjoy!