Ever been stuck on what to cook for gluten free guests, or simply want a lighter option for your sweet tooth? This decadent New York Passionfruit Cheesecake with quinoa and pistachio sponge is perfect for a health conscious dessert at afternoon teas or dinners. The Keystone Group’s Executive Pastry Chef, French-born Vincent Gadan walks us through one of his unique gluten free recipe ideas.
– 100g cream cheese
– 25g sour cream
– 25g caster sugar
– 1 gelatin sheet
– 35g passionfruit pulp
– 60g caster sugar
– 60g polenta
– 10g almond meal
– 2g baking powder
– 1tsp white quinoa (bring to boil 5 min)
– 4ml Olive Oil
– 30g soft butter
1. Soak the gelatine leaf in cold water for 5 minutes
2. Mix cream cheese, sour cream and caster sugar in a bowl by hand
3. Add the soft drained gelatine into the passionfruit puree/ pulp, Warm up in a saucepan on the stove till gelatin dissolves
4. Put the warm liquid into the cream cheese mixture, whisk until consistency is achieved
5. Put this mixture into the desired mould, whether it be a silicon mould or any kind of mould you would like to use
6. The mould then goes into the freezer to set. Leave in the freezer for 4 hours or preferably overnight.
7. To make the sponge, put eggs and sugar in a bowl, whisk by hand, then add polenta, almond meal, quinoa, baking powder, olive oil and melted butter.
8. Continue to mix by hand until everything is combined together
9. Spread mixture into a baking tray making sure that the mixture is only 1cm high. Bake for 20min at 160 degrees.
10. Put in the fridge to chill
11. Cut sponge into desired shape. Shape should match the mould that is being used.
12. Place the set cheesecake on the base
Velvet Spray (optional)
Melt cocoa butter, once soft add the desired food colour to the mixture. Use a spray gun to coat the cheesecake with melted cocoa butter to give a velvet effect
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.