If you’re looking for a quick and simple recipe for dinner, look no further. This zucchini fritter is not only delicious, but healthy too. Serve it as a quiet dinner at home, or as an appetiser with friends.
500 grams zucchini
1 cup green peas
1 bunch basil
1 bunch mint
4 spring onions
pinch sea salt
grind of black pepper
½ cup almond meal
3 small slices of smoked salmon
3 teaspoons creamed cheese
– Grate the zucchini or blend in food processer and place into a colander.
– Sprinkle with a small pinch of sea salt and mix through. Leave this to sit for about 10 minutes.
– Remove moisture from zucchini as much as you can by compressing and squeezing handfuls with your hands. Be thorough with this and once dry move the zucchini into a large mixing bowl.
– Chop the basil and mint finely and dice the spring onions. Add to the large bowl with the zucchini.
– Squeeze the zest of one lemon into the bowl.
– Add the peas, eggs and almond meal too and mix everything together well.
– Test cook one fritter to check it stays together. Add a little more almond meal if you need.
– Cook your fritters over medium heat with some coconut oil (about 2 minutes each side until golden brown)
– While the fritters are cooking, roll your smoked salmon pieces around a teaspoon of creamed cheese to create a small roll.
– Place the smoked salmon with cream cheese on a plate and add the cooked fritters.
– Serve and enjoy!