Everyone needs a recipe for a cracking caramel slice, don’t they? This recipe from Clean Kids makes sure that your kids are getting as much nutrition as possible while enjoying a yummy treat, by making delicious use of healthy favourites like medjool dates, coconut oil and almond butter.
Healthy Caramel Slice Recipe
1 1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup medjool dates
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
2 cups medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup almond butter
2 tablespoons almond milk
1 tsp vanilla bean extract/ vanilla essence
Top chocolate layer
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1. Blend all base layer ingredients together in a blender or food processor until crumbled
2. Compress this mixture down firmly into a baking tray. Refrigerate while you prepare the next layer.
3. Blend the caramel layer ingredients together in a high powdered blender or food processor until a smooth creamy paste has formed. Spread the caramel on top of the base layer. Return to fridge.
4. In a small saucepan, over a low heat, melt the chocolate layer ingredients together, stirring continuously. Once it’s all combined remove the tray from the fridge and pour the chocolate over the caramel to cover it. Return to the fridge or freezer to set.
5. Once set, let it thaw for 5 mins, and enjoy!
feature image via pinterest