The warmer days are fast approaching, creative director of evo hair, Lauren McCowen shares how you can create the ultimate boho chic mermaid braid from home taking you to any event this festive season.
image via pinterest
1. To truly perfect the mermaid braid and make it look effortlessly boho chic-cool, start with plenty of texture. Curl your hair with a wand and add either texture spray or powder.
2. Part out a circular section at the crown, add texture powder and tease at the roots slightly for lift.
3. Three-strand-braid the parted/crowned section and tie with a thin, small plastic elastic.
4. Grab a section of hair at the front of your face (next to the parted section) and twist it back loosely, toward the braid.
5. Push that piece of hair through the first section of the braid and pull through.
6. Repeat on opposite side and then repeat steps 2-6, travelling all the way down both sides of the face.
7. Once at the bottom, secure hair with another thin, small plastic elastic. Gently pull hair on both sides for a volumous look.
8. Spray hair with a flexible-hold hairspray and voila!
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.