You can now enjoy a delicious bowl of ramen from the comfort of your home with this easy to follow recipe by We Love Our Lamb‘s Japanese lamb miso ramen. Either a quiet night in with your partner or entertaining guests, everyone is sure to be asking for more of this tasty bowl of noodles.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
600g lamb leg steaks, trimmed
2 tbsp. miso paste
1 tsp. sunflower oil
150g green beans, 3cm lengths
1 carrot, peeled and cut into batons
200g Swiss brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
2 cups fresh wheat noodles, e.g. Hokkien, Singapore
2 tbsp. soy sauce
4 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
Long red chillies (optional)
1. Brush steaks with half the miso paste, preheat a lightly oiled chargrill pan or BBQ and chargrill lamb for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes and slice.
2. Heat oil in a wok and stir fry beans, carrot and mushrooms until lightly coloured. Add miso and 2 cups water, noodles and soy and cook for 4-5 minutes until noodles are just heated through.
3. Divide noodles, vegetables and soup between serving bowls.
4. Top noodles with sliced lamb, spring onions and chilli, if desired.
– Instead of lamb leg steaks, you can buy a deboned lamb leg. Cut off your own ‘steaks’ and dice the rest of the lamb leg for skewers or use it whole on the BBQ with a marinade.
– There are lots of different types of miso paste from sweet to mild to very salty. Try adding a dash first, and then add to your liking.
– Try udon or soba noodles instead and cook according to packet directions.
Visit our online Education Hub RESCU Me Academy for our courses, free ebooks and resources.