Celebrity hairstylist Joh Bailey demonstrates how to create this season’s top new up-style, which debuted at Chanel’s 2010 show. Honing in on the distressed look, a fashion week favourite, he has created a look that will last seasons to come…
Using these simple tips, you can achieve Joh Bailey’s signature Winter 2010 look.
1. Blow-dry your hair by turning your head upside down and drying from the roots to your ends.
2. Once dry, pull out random pieces of hair and curl them with a straightening iron, to achieve a volumised texture.
3. Tease hair at root to enhance volume.
4. Pull hair up into a high ponytail and secure with a tie.
To recreate this hot look, RESCU recommends: Joh Bailey’s sell-out Mistyle range of hair straighteners, especially in this season’s sexiest new colour ‘Electric Blue’. It is the only blue ceramic-straightener in the market.
RESCU: Why was electric blue chosen?
“We wanted to add something bold and beautiful to the existing line,’ says Joh. ‘Something that was outrageously different, ahead of the fashion elite and that would set the trend for 2010 and revamp the market.”
“This latest line of straighteners is about making hair fun and fashion forward, without having to pay a high ticket price. It’s about bringing the salon experience home and making it your own,” says creator Joh Bailey.
We’ve thoroughly tested the electric blue model and loved it. At only $39.95, it is very affordable so you’ll want to have more than one.
Its Ion technology locks in moisture to leave a smooth, static-free and shiny finish. Other features include:
• PTC Heating Element with self regulating fast heat up to 210? C.
• Ceramic coated floating plates, which provide even heat and pressure to protect your hair without over drying.
• round barrel design that makes it easier to curl, flip and straighten your hair.
• 360-degree swivel cord – designed for easy-to-use handling and maximum reach.
• Unique gift box, which is heat resistant and great to store the straightener in.
It’s available in pink, purple, green, and now electric blue. RRP $39.95.
To order one, call 1300 131 072 or log on to www.johbailey.com.au
Image credit for Chanel: courtorture.com
Visit our online Education Hub RESCU Me Academy for our courses, free ebooks and resources.