Whether you’re looking for a delicious recipe for entertaining guests or a simple dinner at home, then we have the winning recipe for you. This lamb, chermoula, sweet potato and chickpea salad by Gourmet Garden will be a family favourite.
2 Lamb Backstraps
1 400g tin Chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1 Sweet Potato, peeled, med diced
1/2 Brown Onion, sliced
1 punnet Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup Dried Dates, chopped
2 tbsp Pine nuts, toasted
1 tbsp Lightly Dried Coriander
1/4 cup Oil
1 Orange, juice & zest
1/4 cup Chicken stock
1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Brown Sugar
1 tbsp Moroccan seasoning paste
Taste Salt & Pepper
1 Chermoula finishing drizzle
1. Roast diced Sweet Potato, in moderate oven, until firm/cooked
2. Saute onions in oil, until translucent, then add Moroccan seasoning paste, and stir through. Continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add stock, vinegar, orange juice & zest, sugar, and dates. Reduce heat and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
5. Heat pan or BBQ on medium to high heat. Cook lamb for approx 3 minutes each side or to your liking. Set aside in a warm place to rest 5 minutes.
6. Add sweet potato, chickpeas, and diced tomatoes, and mix together. Adjust seasoning if required, and sprinkle over lightly dried coriander, and pine nuts, to serve.
7. To finish, thinly slice the lamb then simply drizzle Chermoula finishing drizzle.