If you’re looking for the perfect Australia Day lamb recipe for entertaining your guests then we have the answer for you. Beloved Australian chef, Lyndey Milan shares her rack of lamb recipe that will have everyone asking for more.
image via pinterest
2 x 4 (approx. 250g ea) bone-in lamb rack
Salt & freshly ground black paper
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
200g waxy potatoes, peeled but into 3cm wedges
1 ½ tablespoons (30ml) extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon hot paprika
1 red capsicum cut into thick strips
1 bunch asparagus, ends snapped off
Yoghurt Mint Sauce
200g (2/3 cup) Greek yoghurt
½ bunch fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
1. Season lamb with salt and pepper. If desired spread with Dijon mustard and sprinkle with rosemary.
2. Toss potatoes in one tablespoon oil, salt, pepper and paprika.
3. Put half the potatoes in one layer in one quarter of the Airfryer basket and put lamb in beside, with the bone end extending over the potatoes. Do the same in the opposite direction with the remaining potatoes and lamb so they all fit snugly in the basket. Slide the basket into the Airfryer. Cook at 200’C for 15 minutes for rare or longer for better done. Remove the meat and potatoes and leave to rest, covered with aluminium foil, for 10 minutes before serving.
4. Toss red capsicum and asparagus in remaining oil then place asparagus and then the capsicum into the Airfryer and cook on 200’C for 6 minutes. Remove the asparagus, turn or toss the capsicum and put potatoes back in the Airfryer for 4 minutes more.
5. Meanwhile combine yoghurt and mint.
6. Carve lamb and serve with vegetables, potatoes and sauce.
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.