Valentines Day is almost here and to celebrate why not try out this impressive cocktail for that special someone. It looks spectacular and it’s much easier than it looks!
What You Need:
Champagne or Prosecco
1. To make the ice-spheres, prepare two glasses that the balloon can be suspended in whilst in the freezer. Prepare two sturdy skewers or chopsticks that you will tie the balloons to, and that will sit over the glass in the freezer. Take one balloon, open the neck and slide it over the faucet. Slowly turn on the tap and fill the balloon up with enough water to make a small sphere that will fit into a martini glass. Tie the balloon to the chopstick, suspend it over the glass, and repeat. Place the glasses with balloons in the freezer overnight.
2. Pulse the fresh blackberries and Barkers of Geraldine Blackcurrant syrup a few times, so there is still texture. Place one tablespoon of the blackcurrant mixture in the base of each martini glass.
3. Take the frozen balloons out of the freezer. Run under a table for a few seconds, then cut and peel away the balloon. Discard the balloon and place the ice-sphere in the martini glass on top of the blackcurrant mixture.
4. Top up glass with your choice of Champagne or Prosecco. Squeeze half a lime over each.
5. To mix, simply turn the ice-sphere around in the glass so the blackcurrant mixture mixes with the Champagne or Prosecco. Cheers!
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.