Economical, thoughtful, and, well, delicious — homemade Christmas baked goods still stand as one of the best gifts to give.
These Macadamia Christmas Cookies combine some of our favourite holiday ingredients in a buttery cookie that is at once decadent and light. This recipe makes 16 – 18 cookies so you can gift a few, share a few, and still have a few left over for yourself.
Macadamia Christmas Cookies Recipe
125g unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
300g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
200g white chocolate, roughly chopped
1 cup macadamias, roasted
1/2 cup dried craisins
8 strawbetters, hulled and finely chopped
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius, fan-forced
2. Using an electric beater, beat the butter and the brown sugar in a large bowl until thick and creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract and continue to beat until combined.
3. Fold through the flour and baking powder, then add the white chocolate, macadamias, craisins, and berries to form a chunky mixture.
4. Place 1 heaped tablespoonful of the mixture onto the prepared baking trays and gently press down to flatten slightly.
5. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool properly.
Note: these cookies are best eaten on the day as they soften as each day goes by because of the fresh berries. They still taste great, but are a little more cake like!
Have some macadamias left over? Watch the video below to learn how to properly roast macadamias…
feature via pinterest