Kids birthday party? Weekend nibbles and wine with friends or family? Whatever the occasion, these mascarpone stuffed chilli poppers are the perfect party pleaser. They’re easy to whip up, they taste delicious and are exceptionally moorish, and better yet? The below recipe makes 24 poppers in one hit!
Mascarpone Stuffed Chilli Poppers Recipe
250 g (8 oz) mascarpone
50 g (2 oz) parmesan, grated
50 g (2 oz) mozzarella, grated
8–10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
12 Jalapeno chilies
3 tbsp water
120g (4 oz) Italian breadcrumbs
150g (5 oz) plain flour
2 tsp smoked paprika
1. Preheat your oven to 180C (350 F). Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
2. Mix the mascarpone, parmesan, mozzarella and basil until thoroughly combined.
3. Cut the Jalapenos in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds and membranes. Do this with a spoon, avoiding touching with your fingers. Use rubber gloves if you like. There is nothing worse than touching your eye hours later with remnant of chilli on your fingers (believe me, I’ve done it many, many times). Fill the cavity of each Jalapeno half with mascarpone mixture.
4. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl with the water. Place the breadcrumbs in a second bowl, and the flour in a third. Dredge each Jalapeno in flour, egg wash and coat in breadcrumbs. Place in a single layer on your oven tray, cut side facing up. Sprinkle with paprika and drizzle with a little olive oil.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until chilies are tender and crumb is golden.
Recipe via Food For Sharing Italian Style by Liliana Battle
Visit our online Education Hub RESCU Me Academy for our courses, free ebooks and resources.