Indulge in a sweet but healthy treat with this delicious muffin recipe for raspberry and chia seed muffins. Chia seeds contain health benefits such as omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fibre, antioxidants and calcium. They are also an unprocessed, whole-grain foods and make these delicious muffins excellent afternoon snacks.
Muffins with Raspberry and Chia seeds Recipe
2 cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup caster sugar
75g butter, melted
¾ cup milk
1 large egg
½ cup white choc bits
¼ cup Henry Jones Raspberry & Chia Seeds
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C
2. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
3. Add sugar and mix well
4. Combine butter, milk and egg in another bowl and whisk until well combined
5. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture with choc bits and Henry Jones Raspberry & Chia seeds
6. Stir with a large spoon until just combined
7. Spoon mixture into ½ cup capacity lined muffin pans
8. Bake for 20 minutes until golden. Remove to a rack to cool.