Naturopath and Holistic Health Expert
Winter is well and truly upon us, and that means it’s cold and flu season. We have the perfect all natural and organic medicine that will help boost immunity and fight cold and flu symptoms, and the good news is it’s easy to make at home.
To make 12 squares:
60mls of Olive Leaf Extract Flavour
(*halve the amount for children)
8 tbsp gelatin powder or the equivalent in gelatine leaves
(*found in supermarkets)
1/2 cup of freshly boiled water
½ cup of lemon juice and ½ teaspoon lemon zest
2 -3 tbsp of Manuka honey
4 ripe kiwi fruits, peeled and pureed
1. Mix the lemon juice and zest, honey and kiwi fruit in a small pot.
Simmer on medium heat for five minutes.
2. In a separate medium pot, whisk the gelatin and water until dissolved.
It will firm immediately, so stir quickly to blend.
3. Add the lemon kiwi mixture to the pot with the gelatin mixture. Whisk
together until mixed well.
4. Stir through the olive leaf extract.
5. Pour into a shallow dish and chill for an hour to set.
6. Cut into 12 slices. The slices will pull out easily if the warmth of
your hands are placed around the dish.
7. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Chew on 3 squares throughout the day for a delicious, chewy-scription! for 4
Olive Leaf Extract– Traditionally used in Western Herbal medicine
to support the immune system and relieve symptoms of coughs, colds, & flu,
sore throats and upper respiratory tract infections.
Grass fed Gelatin powder – Nutritional support for healthy skin
and hair, improves bone and joint health, enhances sleep quality and
digestive system function and strengthens the intestinal lining.
Kiwifruit – Rich in vitamin C, acts as a natural immune booster.
*Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet. Always
read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your