Looking for a healthy snack to help you last until your next meal? This delicious sticky nut slice is exactly what you need. With a few simple ingredients, this recipe will make enough to last all week!
500g mixed nuts
ó cup (125ml) rice malt
2 tsp. pure maple syrup
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a small square baking tin with baking paper.
2. Spread 150g of the nuts (about a third) on a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast in the oven for 10 minutes, but be careful not to burn them!
3. Put the remaining nuts in a food processor and process until near butter consistency.
4. In a saucepan over medium heat, put the rice syrup, maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Stir until syrup takes on water consistency. Stir in the nut butter from the food processor and mix well.
5. Add the roasted nuts to the mixture in the saucepan. Pour into the prepared baking dish and stand in the fridge to set for 30 minutes, then cut into squares.