It’s a cold hard fact of life that nobody can resist cheesecake (well, just about nobody). A no bake cheesecake is the ultimate dessert — full of flavour, easy to make and doesn’t require you to switch on the oven and bake out the house! This delicious passionfruit no bake cheesecake recipe from Vitasoy brings summer flavours to a classic favourite, and you can add an extra tropical twist by serving it with mango, lychee or strawberries.
150g ginger nut biscuits
100g macadamia nuts
50g unsalted butter, melted
500g cream cheese, softened to room temperature
250ml Vitasoy Soy Milky Lite
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
60ml hot water
3 teaspoons gelatine powder
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
6 passionfruit, pulp scooped (100ml worth)
To Serve Ice cream and extra passionfruit
1. Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin with one large sheet of baking paper so that some paper overhangs the edges. This will make it easy to lift the cheesecake out in one go at the end.
2. Place the biscuits and macadamia nuts in a food processor and blitz until they resemble coarse breadcrumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse until well coated. Press the mixture firmly into the cake tin using your fingertips until the base is completely and evenly covered. Chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
3. Place the cream cheese, soy milk and lime juice into a large mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy. You can use a stick mixer if you prefer. Set aside.
4. Place the gelatine powder and hot water in a small bowl and whisk quickly until the powder dissolves. Add the honey and vanilla and whisk until the honey dissolves.
5. Pour the gelatine mixture into the cream cheese mixture and beat until well combined. Strain the passionfruit pulp to remove seeds if you like. Add to the cream cheese and stir to marble through the mixture.
6. Pour over the base and tap the cake tin on the bench top a few times to settle the mixture. Chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours then lift out using the overhanging baking paper. Enjoy with ice cream and extra passionfruit pulp, if you like.
feature image via pinterest