Today, leave your guilt at the door and say hello to Buttermilk Berry Pancakes that are actually good for you! This recipe is rich in protein and caters for your sweet tooth with Strawberry Smoothie flavoured protein powder, honey and berries. This Gluten-Free Berry Pancakes recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin is the perfect way to treat yourself at breakfast without the added calories.
Ingredients (Serves 2-4):
¾ cup gluten-free self-raising flour
¼ cup of Isowhey protein powder (Suggested flavour: Strawberry Smoothie)
1 tbs honey
1 cup buttermilk
Zest of ½ lemon
125g mix of frozen and fresh blueberries and/or blackberries
Honey to serve
1. Pour flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. In a jug, whisk buttermilk, honey and egg. Pour into well mixing until a smooth batter is formed. Once the batter is smooth, add mixed berries.
3. In a small bowl, put lemon zest and honey together until smooth. Chill until required (optional).
4. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan on low-medium. Add a small amount of extra virgin oil to the pan.
5. Spoon 2-4 servings in to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side until underside is golden. Transfer onto a plate and keep warm.
6. Serve pancakes. Top with berries, drizzled honey and remaining zest.
feature image via pinterest
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.