Looking for a fun, healthy and delicious snack you can always just whip up when short on time? Look no further, nutritionist, dietician and Bellamy’s ambassador Susie Burrell shares her mini egg bites with RESCU. This recipe is nutritious and is perfect for your growing toddler which is low in fat and cholesterol and high in vitamins.
To prep: 10 minutes
To cook: 15 minutes
Ingredients: 6 ingredients
Makes: 6 servings
Age: 1 to 3 years
• 6 eggs
• 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
• 4 slices of (50g) ham
• 1 cup of mixed green and red capsicum, diced
• 1/2 cup of chopped spinach leaves
• Olive oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly spray a muffin tray with olive oil spray.
2. Whisk eggs and set aside.
3. Cook sweet potato in oven or microwave until just tender.
4. Evenly distribute the sweet potato, ham, capsicum and spinach between muffin cups.
5. Pour beaten eggs evenly over vegetables in each muffin cup.
6. Cook in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
Disclaimer: this recipe contains egg. If yourself or your child have allergies or diet restrictions, please consult your health care professional for advice.