For the best in gluten free goodness, you can’t go past a bake. These flavour packed meals are as simple as they are delicious, and are fully adaptable, so you can pop in your all-time favourite ingredients.
We’ve rounded up our two favourite gluten free bake recipes – Quinoa Spinach Egg Bake and Zucchini Bake – for you to try and home. We promise, you won’t be disappointed (and neither will the family!).
Quinoa Spinach Egg Bake Recipe
10 minutes preparation, 45 minutes cooking
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups quinoa, cooked
1 ¼ cup skim milk
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
pinch of pepper and nutmeg
1 cup shredded reduced fat cheese
½ punnet cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 160c.
2. Pour olive oil into a 20cm round baking dish and swirl around.
3. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4. Add quinoa and spinach into the baking dish and pour over the egg mixture, stir gently.
5. Cover with a lid or foil and bake until just set for around 30 minutes.
6. Remove the lid, sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered for a further 15 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
7. Heat a fry pan, spray with oil. Add cherry tomatoes and cook gently until slightly softened.
8. Finish by adding onto the bake.
Top Tip: Quinoa can be replaced with cooked brown rice.
Zucchini Bake Recipe
6 zucchini, sliced lengthways nice and skinny
4 eggs, separated
A good pinch of salt
1 cup grated parmesan or other hard cheese
A pinch of nutmeg
Olive oil to taste
1. Preheat oven to 175C
2. Blanch zucchini in boiling salted water for no longer than 2 minutes
3. Mix the egg yolks with the cheese & nutmeg and stir the zucchinis into the mix
4. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture
5. I simply put it into a single baking dish lined with non stick baking paper, put in the oven and bake until puffed and golden on top. Make sure it bounces back when gently pressed in the middle
6. Usually about 25-30 minutes
7. Take to the table hot and let people serve themselves
Top Tip: This is a terrific dish served in individual ramekins
Image Credit: EdiblePerspective.com
feature image via pinterest