If you’re ever sitting in the office and feeling a that afternoon slump and feel the need for a healthy and delicious pick-me-up, we have the ultimate recipe that will curb all your cravings. Ameka and Claire from health and wellness website Raw Blend are here to save the day with their party-friendly raw chocolate protein balls recipe.
image via pinterest
Raw Chocolate Protein Balls Recipe
You’ll need: Vitamix or equivalent
2 cups raw sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp. carob powder
Pinch Himalayan Sea Salt
1 cup medjool dates, pitted & soaked
3 Tbsp. oil (coconut oil or olive oil)
2 Tbsp maple syrup or coconut nectar
3 tsp. Lariese Hemp Protein Powder
Shredded coconut for rolling
1. Measure out your dates and soak them for about 5hours until nice and soft.
2. Place all the ingredients in the order listed above into your 2L Vitamix Wet container and secure the lid.
3. Turn your machine to variable speed to 8 and pulse on and off 3 times for about 3 seconds each time. Make sure to have one hand on the container securing it.
4. Turn your machine to HIGH speed and starting mixing the ingredients in a dough mixture. Use your tamper effectively as this is a thick mixture.
5. Turn your machine off and roll the bites into whatever size you want and roll in coconut.
6. Set in the fridge for about an hour or eat straight away!