In warm weather or after a long day, turning on and waiting for the oven can be the stuff of nightmares. This easy no bake lasagne recipe is a summer friendly version of a classic favourite and it’s absolutely delicious!
Image via FramedCooks
1/2 cup ricotta
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and ground pepper
8 lasagna sheets, broken in half
1 small garlic clove, minced
2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
2 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon torn fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, and 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles according to package instructions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add garlic and tomatoes; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until slightly broken down, about 3 minutes. Transfer tomatoes to a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and zucchini to skillet; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until zucchini are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to another bowl and stir in basil.
- Place some tomatoes on plates; top with a lasagne sheet and small spoonfuls ricotta, zucchini, and more tomatoes. Repeat layering twice, then top with remaining noodles and tomatoes. Garnish with basil.
Recipe: Martha Stewart
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.