September’s New Moon will take place on September 20, 3.29pm at 28 Virgo.
This New Moon will be best used for taking care of the details which you need to get ticked off your To Do list as you work towards your goals. And if you have yet to formulate your goals, use the New Moon as a time to write down your dreams, ambitions and commitments you’re willing to make. Then think about the details. Virgo loves details. And more lists. Virgo loves lists! Your goal + a bullet point action place is ideal. Astrologer Yasmin Boland shares how to prepare for September’s New Moon.
image via pinterest
The New Moon in Virgo is also the ideal time to do all the activities listed below. If you want to live in tune with the planet, have a think about how well (or not) you’re doing with everything listed. Are you on top of things? And if not, are you willing to make an effort to get sorted?
1. Take an inventory Pay attention to the details. Do an inventory of your life. Work out what’s working and what isn’t. Virgo has a reputation for being picky – too right! The image for the sign of Virgo recalls the people who once used their powers of discernment literally to sort the wheat from the chaff – back in the days of people-skilled agriculture. So use the energies this month to think about where in your life you need to make changes. Pay particular attention to your daily routines.
2. Be of service If you’re on the New Age path, you’ll have heard teachers reminding us all that the best work is when we’re of service to others. Virgo is all about being of service, so use this month to consider whether you’re being of service to others. Think about what’s going on at work, especially. How can you help other people? Service with a smile will attract karmic Brownie points. Easing a colleague’s workload, or offering to pick up someone else’s kid after school… It’s the little things.
3. Be healthy Virgo has a strong alternative health theme. The New Moon in Virgo is a wonderful time to think about your diet and your daily habits. Much has been written about the importance of morning and evening routines, so how do yours look? Virgo is a fine habit-former, so start some beneficial new routines this month – be it morning or evening yoga, daily meditations, nutrient-packed breakfast smoothies, earlier nights or whatever – and see how long you can keep them going.
4. Avoid nitpicking Are you being too critical? Use the New Moon in undeniably picky Virgo to assess this. Love and criticism, for example, don’t go together so make sure you haven’t allowed yourself to get into the habit of finding flaws in the people you love. Don’t do it to yourself either! Doing your best is one thing, but perfectionism is another. Don’t be too hard on yourself. Do as you would be done by – a very Virgo way to be.
5. Get organized Virgo is like the part of us that’s ‘together’. In other words, the part that’s organized and punctual. Catch up with paying bills, filing paperwork and tidying up when the New Moon is in Virgo.
Read your September horoscopes here.