Salmon is one of nature’s superfoods, full of omega-3’s and rich in flavour. Luke Mangan finds one of the best ways to include Salmon in winter is with a Frittata and when you combine this with asparagus you have a winning combo!
This recipe for my Smoked Salmon & Asparagus Frittata is perfect for a weekend breakfast/brunch or even a quick, simple weeknight meal.
Try to use free-range eggs where possible, as well as good quality smoked salmon and parmesan….it really will make a difference!
Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Frittata
9 free-range eggs
300ml light cream
100g smoked salmon, sliced into strips
12 thin asparagus spears, woody ends removed, cut in half
1 cup grated parmesan
3tbsp chopped dill
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1tsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 150C.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and cream together.
3. Add the smoked salmon, asparagus, parmesan and dill.
4. Season and mix well.
5. Heat the butter and olive oil in an oven-proof frying pan.
6. Pour in the egg mixture and cook over a low heat until the bottom has set and the top is still a bit runny.
7. Place the pan in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until just set.
Note: If your pan won’t fit in the oven, or has a non-heatproof handle, finish cooking the frittata under the grill.
feature image via pinterest
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.