This is what we call a seriously delicious feed! Full of everything you want whether you get a workout in or not. Being one of the leaner cuts its perfect for promoting lean muscle mass and pair it with some tasty healthy chips and you are really winning. This tasty recipe is from Jack’s Creek, who have been awarded the World’s Best Steak producer accolade for the second consecutive year.
Prep: 20 mins
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes, peeled & cut into wedges
2 Tbsp Olive Oil 2 Jack’s Creek Striploin Steaks Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
1 Spanish onion, diced
1 Tomato, diced
1 Cucumber, diced
1 Avocado, flesh removed and squished with a fork
3 Coriander stalks and leaves, finely chopped
Juice of half a Lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. and place a roasting tray in the oven.
2. In a bowl, mix together the sweet potato wedges, olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Spread evenly onto preheated baking tray and cook for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.
4. For the salads add the Spanish onion to a bowl and squeeze over half the lemon juice. Set aside for 15 minutes to sweeten.
5. Combine the cucumber, tomato, avocado and coriander in a bowl and stir in the pickled onion, season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
6. For the steak, season with salt & pepper on both sides for 10 minutes prior to cooking. This will allow to get a super tasty crust.
7. Drizzle with remaining oil and add to a skillet on super high heat.
8. Turn steak every 15 seconds for 4-6 minutes or until steak recoils quickly once touched. 9. Depending on the thickness of the steak, (anything more than 3cm thick) it may need a little more attention in a 180-degree C oven. So, allow 2 minutes per extra cm, then to rest uncovered for 5-7 minutes before slicing.
10. Serve with salsa and wedges.