In honour of Coeliac Awareness Week, we’re bringing you a gluten-free recipe a day!
Need a guilt free pick me up throughout the day? This gluten-free sweet potato cacao slice is just the perfect answer. Bonus: They’re also sugar free!
Claire Obeid’s Sweet Potato and Cacao Paleo Slice
– 3 eggs
– 1/4 cup melted coconut oil – cold pressed EV
– 1 tbls of rice malt syrup or raw honey if you don’t have it.
– 1 scoop of chocolate Sunwarrior protein power (vanilla and natural work fine too)
– 3 tbs coconut flour
– 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
– 1 large sweet potato
– 3 tbls raw cacao powder
– A big, generous sprinkle of cinnamon – at least a tbls!
1. Peel and dice the sweet potato, toss in coconut oil
2. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until soft
3. Meanwhile mix all the above DRY ingredients together and all the wet ingredients – in separate bowls.
4. When the sweet potato is ready, blend or mash up. Add to the wet ingredients, and then mix the dry ingredients in. Make sure it’s mixed really well.
5. Spread into a low cake tin/baking tray (using baking paper so it doesn’t stick). Bake at 180 for 30 minutes.
Optional topping: Melt cacao, butter and rice malt syrup for a chocolate topping. Try my Healthy Nutella mix. OR just a refreshing dollop of natural yoghurt. Layer onto the brownie once it’s cooled and then refrigerate.
Enjoy as a snack with a peppermint tea, a breakfast option, a paleo dessert or any time you’re looking for a sugar free slice to share!
Eat and enjoy!
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.