On trend Summer hair is usually effortless and casual-cool, but sometimes that’s harder to master than more structured styles. Iconic hair styling brand ghd partnered with fashion designer Erdem and session stylist Anthony Turner to create the hair look for the spring/summer 2017 show and it epitomes the messy look,
“The Erdem girl is always on a journey and this season she’s from the 16th century and has been at sea, so she’s sporting wispy, shipwrecked braids” – Anthony Turner.
We have the step-by-step guide on how to master this look from home below:
Get the look:
1. Prep with a salt spray before blow-drying hair downwards using ghd Air Hairdryer ($200) and fingers.
2. Loosely curl hair in different directions with the ghd Classic Curl Tong ($230).
3. Use the ghd Tail Comb ($12) to create a middle parting then secure hair into two separate ponytails at the nape of the neck. Tie with elastic.
4. Braid each ponytail and then loosely dishevel with hands to give the braids a deconstructed texture.
5. Cross the braids over and pin flat against the nape of the neck. They must stay flat to the head and not create a bulky silhouette.
6. Gently pull out sections around the hair line before wrapping a matte black ribbon around the hair and underneath the braids, securing in a bow at the side of the head.