These healthy cookie dough balls by nutritionist, Jessica Sepel will prove just how decadent and indulgent healthy foods can be. They are an amazing alternative to traditional biscuits. They can also store up in the fridge for 3-4 days or freezer for up to a fortnight.
1 cup cashews
8 Medjool dates, pitted
1 tbsp coconut oil
pinch of sea salt
¼ cup cacao nibs
½ cup good-quality dark chocolate, melted
1. In a high-powered blender or food processor, add the cashews, Medjool dates, coconut oil and sea salt. Blend or process until ingredients are combined but a little chunky.
2. Add the cacao nibs and pulse until cacao nibs are spread throughout.
3. Roll the mixture into balls of your desired size and place on a lined baking dish. Place in the freezer to set for 15 minutes.
4. Next, melt your dark chocolate. Put a small saucepan with boiling water over a low heat over the stove. Transfer the chocolate to a heatproof bowl and place over the saucepan, ensuring the bowl doesn’t touch the boiling water. Use a wooden spoon to stir the chocolate until it’s melted and then remove it from the heat.
5. Remove the balls from freezer and dip each ball into the melted dark chocolate. Place the back on to the lined baking tray and place them in the freezer for 20 minutes, or until the chocolate has set.
6. Sprinkle with sea salt to serve.
Store in the fridge for 3–4 days or freezer for up to a fortnight.
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.