There’s no better way to celebrate Australia Day than with the iconic dessert, a pavlova. Jelly Belly Jelly Beans have shared their super fun and creative Australia shaped Pavlova recipe with us and we’re loving it. It’s colourful, delicious and will definitely be one for the ‘gram.
Prep time 30 minutes
Cooking time 35 minutes plus 30 minutes cooling time
4 egg whites
1 cup caster sugar
2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp white vinegar
2 drops vanilla essence
300ml thickened cream, whipped
Jelly beans to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°c or 160°c fan forced. Line a large tray with baking paper.
2. With electric beaters, beat egg whites in a large clean bowl until soft peaks form. Slowly beat in sugar ¼ cup at a time, until meringue is stiff and glossy. Sprinkle over cornflour, vinegar and vanilla, and fold in lightly with a metal spoon.
3. Trace an outline of a map of Australia on the prepared baking tray. Don’t forgot Tassie!
4. Pile meringue into the centre of the map and gently push out to edges, keeping the Australia shape. Repeat for Tassie. Top with any remaining meringue and pie as high as you can.
5. Reduce heat to 150°c or 130°c fan forced, and cook for 30-35 minutes until slightly golden. Turn off oven and leave Pavlova to cool completely.
6. Spread with whipped cream and decorate with jelly beans for the states and territories. Dust with icing sugar if desired.
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.