Need a little change up from your usual avocado toasts in the morning? Influencer Sophie Guildon shares her delicious and twist to your average Aussie favourite with her sweet potato and avocado taste recipe. We’ll be sure this is going to be your new favourite morning breakfast.
Prep & Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 medium orange sweet potato (400g)
1 cup (120g) frozen peas
1 medium avocado (250g)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
60g crumbled goat’s cheese
1/4 fresh mint leaves
lemon wedges, to serve
1. Wash sweet potato. Trim long sides, reserving trimmings for another use (such as for soup). Cut lengthways into four 6mm-thick slices.
2. Cook ‘toasts’ in heated sandwich press between sheets of baking paper for 10 minutes or until golden on both sides (or when chargrill marks appear, if your sandwich press is ridged).
3. Meanwhile, place eggs in a saucepan of cold salted water; bring to boil, then boil for 4 minutes for soft-boiled or until cooked to your liking. Remove with a slotted spoon; cool under cold running water; peel.
4. Place peas in a heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes; drain. Coarsely mash peas, avocado and lemon juice.
5. Spread pea mixture on sweet potato toasts. Top with halved eggs, crumbled goat’s cheese and mint leaves; season with pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.
Catch our daily and monthly horoscopes here.