This wholesome and delicious sweet potato pasta bake is exactly what is missing from your weekly menu. It’s quick and easy to make, packed full of flavour with the addition of pine nuts and spinach. We guarantee it will keep the whole family happy and healthy all winter long.
350g penne or other pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
500g lean beef mince
400g Sweet Potato, peeled, coarsely grated
1 small zucchini, coarsely grated
2 tbsp tomato paste
400g can diced tomatoes
1 cup salt-reduced beef stock
4 sprigs thyme
50g baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup (40g) grated parmesan
2 tbsp pine nuts
1. Cook pasta in a large pan of salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium pan or medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add beef and cook until browned, breaking up lumps with a spoon. Add sweet potato and zucchini. Cook for 2 minutes until softened slightly.
3. Add paste, tomatoes, stock and thyme. Simmer, uncovered for 15-20 minutes until thickened slightly. Stir through spinach leaves until wilted.
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220C/200C fan forced.
5. Combine pasta and beef mixture in a 8-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with ricotta, parmesan and pine nuts. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.