If you’re looking for something a little different to your usual breakfast bowls, then we have sourced you the ultimate summer green breakfast bowl recipe. Kick-start your day the right way with this all green goodness bowl by Vizio Caffe E Cucina.
40gr Green Beans
40gr Baby Peas
1 Poached Egg
20gr Red Quinoa
1tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3gr Fresh Ginger
1teasp Sherry Vinegar
1. Blanch the asparagus, broccolini, baby peas and green beans in salted boiling water until cooked (not overcooked!). Set them aside.
2. Blanch the kale for few seconds in boiling water, dry it and let it dehydrate at 60* until crispy (6hours)
Alternatively toss the kale in salt / pepper and oil in a large bowl and transfer to a baking tray and bake in the oven at 180 degress for 15 -20 minutes.
3. Cook the quinoa in boiling water, dry it and let it dehydrate at 60* for 6 hours then fry it at 220* for few seconds or until puffed.
Alternatively you can cook the quinoa by bringing it to heat, then reducing to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed for around 15-20 minutes then fluff with a fork.
4. Roast the almonds in a fan forced oven at 180 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until they are golden brown and fragrant, then crush them.
5. Place all of the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and mix them together.
6. When you are ready to plate, dress your greens and place them at the bottom of your bowl.
7. Sprinkle the toasted almond and puffed crispy quinoa on top, place the poached egg in the centre of the plate and finish placing the dehydrated kale laying on the egg.
8. Adjust with a drizzle of dressing and some cracked black pepper.
Visit our online Education Hub RESCU Me Academy for our courses, free ebooks and resources.