We all know thinking what to have for lunch at work is the hardest thing. You may have left overs from dinner but what if you don’t? Nutritionist and SunRice ambassador, Zoe Bingely-Pullin shares three quick and easy gluten-free lunch recipes.
Haloumi, Pomegranate & Basmati Rice Salad with Green Tahini Dressing
2 x Quick Cups Basmati Rice
150g haloumi cheese, cut into strips
Extra virgin olive oil for cooking
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
1 tbsp. chopped coriander
¼ cup sultanas or chopped dates
1-2 tbsp. lemon zest
2 tbsp. chopped nuts of choice, e.g. pistachios
Green Tahini Dressing
2 tbsp. tahini paste
1/3 cup chopped coriander or parsley
1 tbsp. lemon juice
½ tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until a smooth consistency is reached, adding a dash of water if needed. Set aside.
2. For the salad, cook rice according to packet directions. In a bowl combine rice, pomegranate, coriander, sultanas/dates, lemon and nuts.
3. In a fry pan, heat olive oil and cook haloumi on both sides until golden. Cut into squares, toss through the rice salad and spoon into 2 bowls.
4. Drizzle with green tahini dressing. Enjoy!
Microwave Rice Bowl
1 x Microwave rice of your choice (I love the Brown Rice & Chia blend)
1 cup leftover veggies and pantry essentials, combinations include:
– Leftover roasted vegetables, crumbled feta cheese and fresh herbs
– Chickpeas, avocado and raw nuts/seeds
– Tuna, cannellini beans, tomato, olives and basil
1. Peel open rice cup slightly and place in the microwave on high for 40 seconds
2. Pour rice into bowl and toss with your favourite combination. Enjoy!
Express Sushi Rice Bowl
1 x Microwave rice of your choice or ½ cup leftover cooked rice
¼ avocado, diced
1 small cucumber, diced or shaved finely
handful baby spinach leaves
1/3 cup shaved red cabbage
¼ cup carrot, grated
1 sheet nori seaweed, crumbled or cut finely
½ tbsp. sesame seeds
2 x boiled eggs or 120g cooked chicken, salmon or tofu
2 tbsp. coconut milk
¼ tsp. turmeric powder
½ tbsp. tamari soy (gluten-free)
Squeeze fresh lime
1. To make the dressing combine all ingredients in a small jar and shake well
2. Peel open rice cup slightly and place in the microwave on high for 40 seconds
3. Layer all ingredients in a bowl, except sesame seeds and drizzle over the dressing
4. Sprinkle dish with sesame seeds, enjoy!
feature image via pinterest
Visit our online Education Hub RESCU Me Academy for our courses, free ebooks and resources.