Sarah’s Top 10 Organic Wines:
1.Battle of Bosworth ‘Puritan’ Shiraz 2012, McLaren Vale, South Australia (Organic and No added Preservative): Beautifully pure and elegant Shiraz from Husband and Wife team Joch Bosworth and Louise Hemley – Smith, super-fresh and bursting with flavour.
2. Cullen Diana Madeline Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot 2012, Margaret River, WA (Biodynamic): One of Australia’s greatest and most beguiling Cabernet blends, this cult Cabernet is well worth splashing out on and seeking out.
3. Krinklewood ‘Francesca’ Rose 2013, Hunter Valley, NSW (Biodynamic): Perfect for summer, a serious yet sexy Rose made from Mourvedre grapes, one of the Hunters most lovely cellar doors too!
4. Harkham Winery ‘Azziza’ Chardonnay 2011, Hunter Valley, NSW (Preservative Free): Made by one of wines good guys Richie Harkham, a stunning wine made with no additions or use of preservatives, golden pear, grapefruit pale, gorgeous nutty flavours. A tiny production of only around 200 cases.
5. Lark Hill Pinot Noir 2013, Canberra District, ACT (Biodynamic): Pioneers of the Canberra District and making some seriously world class pinot, savoury, supple, stunningly complex – a must drink for serious pinot lovers.
6. Hahndorf Hill Gruner Veltliner 2013, Adelaide Hills, South Australia (Biodynamic): This wines dances in the glass, the native Austrian variety Gruner Veltliner is definitely finding its feet here is Australia and this is one of my favourite examples.
7. Lowe Zinfandel 2010, Mudgee, NSW (Organic): Love this little Blockbuster! Full of lush and spicey fruit cake flavours, beautiful supple tannins, can spend a few years snoozing in the cellar too if you like your wines with a bit of age on them.
8. Sorrenberg Gamay 2012, Beechworth Victoria (Biodynamic): A lovely light, elegant and precise wine, a really pretty nose of dried red fruits and light brown spices.
9. Gemtree ‘Moonstone’ Savignon 2013, McLaren Vale, South Australia (Biodynamic): Great for summer! This Savignan (not related to Sauvignon) is packed with flavours of juicy white melon, nashi pear and apple skin.
10. Castagna ‘ Adams Rib ‘ Chardonnay / Viognier 2012 (Biodynamic): So much gorgeous flavour and texture in this wine, lush peach and apricot flavours, bitter marmalade and honey suckle.