We are now in a time where we meet our partners through technologies. You find that you’re swiping to find your perfect match. So, why can’t it be the same when networking in life, International Head of Brand for Bumble, Louise Troen shares her tips for modern day networking and how you can find the mentors you need in your life.
image via pinterest
– When looking for a mentor remember that this doesn’t always have to be someone at a CEO level, or even someone in the same industry as you. Sometimes the best mentors are people just a few years ahead of you in their career who can offer practical advice, or they might even be someone the same age or younger than you who is in a completely different field and can offer you a unique perspective on business challenges.
– To the above point, it is important to have a broad network base. Make sure that you are looking for inspiration and education from a wide variety of sources – never miss out on an opportunity to learn a new skill or grow your expertise. Knowledge is power!
– Through apps we are allowing people to use technology to create professional connections that are relevant, meaningful and accessible, as opposed to traditional networking platforms that can sometimes be outdated.
– Networking can often seem like a daunting term, even scary at times! It’s important to remember networking events, or social events where you have the ability to connect with new people aren’t set up to terrify you or put pressure on you. Really think of it as a fancy way of saying make new friends.
– Don’t underestimate your own ability and how you may be able to impact someone or begin to give back in a mentoring sense. You never know who may be looking to you as a role model or using you as an example of how to behave in the workplace!
Visit our online Education Hub RESCU Me Academy for our courses, free ebooks and resources.